Our sustainability mission
As a family-owned business focused on the long term, Nordmann's success is based on honest and responsible business practices. We are committed to respecting, protecting and improving natural, social and economic resources for future generations.
We are committed to
1. UN Sustainable Development Goals (UN SDGs)
2. Greenhouse Gas Protocol (GHG Protocol)
3. Supply Chain Act
4. Corporate Sustainability Reporting Directive (CSRD)
Our sustainability approach
Getting started step by step
- Based on the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals (UN SDGs), sustainable management and business are two of Nordmann’s central corporate elements that form the foundation of our operations.
- We understand sustainability as a combination of ecological, social and economic responsibility and we focus our activities on the four P's: People | Partnership | Products | Performance.
- In partnership with our suppliers, we strive to deliver products that help customers reach their sustainability goals.
- We constantly monitor, actively steer and communicate our progress.
- We attain necessary certifications.
- We maintain a comprehensive sustainability evaluation system for suppliers and business partners to support our activities.
- Credible, authentic sustainability is our priority and we do not engage in greenwashing.
- It is not our goal to missionize anyone; people's personal choices and actions shall remain private.
Responsibility within the supply chain
Create an optimal, reliable database
- Calculate the GHG emissions from Scope 1 & 2 & 3
- Calculate the CO2-footprint of selected products (raw materials; Scope 3)
Knowledge in action
- Ensuring transparency: our goal is to map the entire production cycle for our customers and make it comprehensible.
- We use our product and application knowledge to help customers select raw materials for sustainable solutions and advise them on recycling and product durability.
- Nordmann Code of Conduct
What we will do by 2024
- Introduce sustainability as a central corporate element
- Set up and harmonize the necessary company-wide certification systems
- Implement a data-driven sustainability monitoring system, including the KPIs
- Define the company's sustainability target(s)
- Establish sustainability awareness and regular communication