VITESSENCE® Prista pulse-based protein concentrates for clean taste and functionality
Whether vegan, flexitarian or environmentalist, consumer demand for plant-based products is continuing to grow at significant rates. Ingredion’s clean-label legume-based proteins can be used to develop gluten- and soy-free products that offer great nutritional profiles as well as taste.
VITESSENCE® Prista P 155 pea protein concentrate contains 55% protein (dry basis). The clean flavor profile allows for higher dosage and greater application versatility, including:
- Increasing protein content in instant beverages.
- Increasing protein content in crackers and baked goods
- Use as a wheat flour substitute in doughs
- Use as an egg substitute in pasta
VITESSENCE® Prista P 360 is a 60% faba bean protein concentrate (dry basis). It also has a clean flavor profile that allows higher dosages and greater application versatility:
- Provides emulsification support in dips, dressings and sauces
- Increases protein content in pasta, bread, cookies and baked goods
- Increases protein content in instant beverages and confectionery products
- Increases protein content in cheese, milk, yogurt and frozen desserts
In addition to VITESSENCE® Prista products, Nordmann also distributes VITESSENCE® Pulse Isolates and VITESSENCE® Tex textured pulse proteins for applications in sports nutrition or as meat alternatives.