11 Jan 2021
Novel Silver Metallics for Autonomous Driving
The combination of selected ECKART metallic pigments with the innovative pigments of SYMIC OEM Opaque Silver produces highly attractive silver shades with only slight damping. This makes the novel pigments perfectly suited for use in radar-transparent systems.
ECKART has already been working for some time on reproducing highly brilliant silver full tones by mixing aluminum pigments with SYMIC OEM Opaque Silver.
The advantages of SYMIC OEM Opaque Silver at a glance:
- Highly brilliant metallic look with outstanding flop index
- Brightest and most brilliant optics on the market
- Highest possible flexibility in color design
- Strong opacity
- No EMI shielding
- No radar damping
- Excellent chemical stability
- Optimal incorporation in all common coating systems (solvent-, water-based, UV-curing)
- High shear stability
- Excellent weather and humidity resistance
- Excellent intercoat adhesion
- Very narrow particle size distribution
- Long product shelf life of 10 years
For more information, watch the video on YouTube.