New partnership with Armor Pharma
Nordmann has again expanded its product range. As of May 1, the international chemical distributor began supplying the German market with pharmaceutical-grade lactose products from the French manufacturer Armor Pharma (Armor Protéines SAS).
Compelling product quality, outstanding characteristics
Lactose is a sugar that is found naturally in the milk of mammals and has been used as an excipient in the pharmaceutical industry for several decades. The ingredient is used as a diluent in oral solid dosage forms (OSD) such as tablets, capsules and/or sachets and is also utilized as a carrier for dry-powder inhalers (DPI).
With an outstanding range of advantages such as a neutral taste, easy availability, a good price-performance ratio and compatibility with active ingredients and other excipients, lactose is a popular ingredient. In addition, lactose features good water solubility, low hygroscopicity and excellent physical and chemical stability.
Lactose intolerant? No problem!
The signs and symptoms of lactose intolerance are only set off when a quantity of more than 7 to 10 g of lactose is ingested in a single dose. As the dosage in tablets and capsules is less than one gram, no adverse reactions should be triggered.
- Sieved lactose monohydrate is suitable for capsules and sachets formulation. Its coarse particle size and narrow particle size distribution enable very good flowability.
- Milled lactose monohydrate is used mainly in tablet production (wet and dry granulation), but also for blends or premixes. The product’s fine particle size gives it both good blending and compression properties.
- EXCIPRESS™ GR150 is a granulated lactose that is utilized typically for direct compression, as it offers good flowability as well as very good pressability.
- EXCIPRESS™ SD2 is a spray-dried lactose that is also popularly used for direct compression. The product is characterized by excellent compressibility and very good flowability.
- The EXCIPURE™ line is a range of grades from coarse particles to fine powders intended for dry-powder inhalers.
Armor Pharma also offers a variety of options for customization and joint product development in order to meet the needs of each individual customer.